Call Us Now! (03) 9874 5777Contact Us
In these Conditions the following titles shall have the meanings ascribed to them:
“AMA“ means Applied Measurement Proprietary Limited.
“Quotation” means AMA’s letter attached hereto and all documents attached or referenced therein together with these Standard Conditions of Sale.
“Buyer” means the person, firm or company to whom the Offer is addressed.
“Articles” means all equipment, material and services to be supplied by AMA in accordance with the Quotation.
Except as otherwise agreed upon in writing by the Seller, these terms and conditions (“Agreement”) will apply to all orders received and all sales made by the following entities (non-exhaustive and subject to change by AMA from time to time without notification): Applied Measurement Australia Pty Ltd
(“AMA”) company and each, individually, the “Seller.”
2. GENERAL: The terms and conditions set forth herein as well as any terms and conditions printed on the face of Seller’s order acknowledgment constitute the sole and entire agreement between Seller and the buyer (“Buyer”) of goods and/or services from Seller with respect to the subject matter hereof. Any term or condition in any printed form of Buyer, including but not limited to any order, confirmation or other document, which is in any way inconsistent with or in addition to the terms and conditions hereof is hereby expressly rejected, and Seller’s acceptance of any offer or order of Buyer is hereby expressly made in reliance on Buyer’s assent to all terms and conditions hereof. If Buyer objects to any of the terms or conditions hereof, such objection must be made in writing and received by Seller within ten (10) calendar days after placing a purchase order. Failure to so object shall be conclusively deemed to be acceptance of the terms and conditions hereof. Seller’s failure to object to any term or condition in any oral or written communication from Buyer,
whether delivered before or after the date hereof, shall not constitute an acceptance thereof or a waiver of any term or condition hereof. Electronic commerce transactions between Buyer and Seller will be solely governed by this Agreement, and any terms and conditions on Buyer’s internet site will be null and void and of no legal effect on Seller. All correspondence pertaining to this order, or to any of the terms and conditions covered by this order, will be in the English language. Goods are provided pursuant to Seller’s part numbers.
3. TAXES: Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, the prices do not include federal, state or local sales, use, goods and services, excise or other similar taxes applicable to goods or services involved in this transaction. All such taxes shall be paid by Buyer, unless Buyer provides Seller with evidence satisfactory to Seller of exemption from such taxes. When Seller is required by law or regulation to collect such taxes, Seller will add such taxes to the sale price of the goods or services.
4. PRICES: The sale price(s) for goods delivered hereunder (“Products”) are accepted as stated on Seller’ s order acknowledgment and will include the cost of Seller’s usual factory tests and inspections. The prices set forth herein are not subject to trade or other discounts. All quotations of Seller expire thirty (30) calendar days from the date given. The price to Buyer for any Products shall be the applicable published price or valid quote in effect at the time of order entry. All prices are subject to change without notice and may be subject to any increase which may be in effect on the date of shipment. Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, any service calls or other service work performed by Seller shall be at Buyer’s expense in accordance with Seller’s standard rates for such services. Buyer acknowledges that the pricing of the Products and services and the other terms of this Agreement have been set based on the sections of this Agreement providing for an agreed allocation of the risk for any defective Products or services between the parties. Buyer further acknowledges that the pricing and terms would have been different if there had been a different allocation of the risk.
5. DELIVERY, TITLE PASSAGE AND INSURANCE:
6. BUYER’S FINANCIAL CONDITION: This Agreement and all shipments made hereunder shall at all times be subject to the approval by Seller of Buyer’s financial condition. If the financial condition of Buyer at any time becomes unsatisfactory to Seller, in Seller’s sole discretion, or if Buyer fails to make any payment when due, in addition to any other rights Seller may have, Seller may defer or decline to make any shipment or shipments hereunder or may condition any such shipment upon receipt of satisfactory security or cash payments in advance.
6. PAYMENT TERMS: Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, payment shall be T/T in advance. All payments shall be in the local currency referenced in Seller’s quotation. Buyer shall make all payments as provided herein without regard to whether Buyer has made or may make any inspection or use of any Products. No discounts or setoffs shall be made by Buyer against any invoices unless approved in advance by Seller.
7. SECURITY INTEREST: Buyer hereby grants to Seller a security interest in all Products and all proceeds and products thereof until all amounts due or to become due hereunder have been paid. Any repossession and removal of Products shall be without prejudice to any of Seller’s other remedies at law or in equity. Buyer agrees, at any time and without further consideration, to do or cause to be done, executed and delivered, all such further acts and instruments (including without limitation financing statements appropriate for filing) as Seller may reasonably request in order to perfect Seller’s security interest.
8. FORCE MAJEURE: Seller shall not be liable for delay in performance or nonperformance of any of its obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, if such performance is rendered impracticable by the occurrence of any contingency or condition beyond the control of either Seller or Seller’s suppliers, including without limitation war, sabotage, embargo, riot, terrorism, or other civil commotion, failure or delay in transportation, act of any government or any court or administrative agency thereof (whether or not such action proves to be invalid), labor dispute (whether or not involving Seller’s employees), accident, fire, explosion, flood, earthquake or other casualty, shortage of labor, fuel, energy, raw materials or machinery or technical failure. If any such contingency or condition occurs, Seller may allocate production and deliveries in any reasonable manner and may include in such allocation any regular customers, whether or not then under contract, and Seller’s own requirements. If, as a result of any such contingency, Seller’s performance is delayed by more than six (6) months, the prices set forth herein shall be subject to appropriate adjustment by Seller.
9. LIMITED WARRANTY; SUITABILITY
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY:
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION HEREIN OR IN ANY OTHER DOCUMENT OR COMMUNICATION, (A) SELLER’S LIABILITY AND OBLIGATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM(S) RESULTING OR ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT,WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE RECEIVED BY SELLER FOR THE PRODUCTS (OR, IN THE CASE OF OBLIGATIONS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO PARTICULAR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RENDERED IN CONNECTION HEREWITH, THE PURCHASE PRICE OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR AMOUNT RECEIVED BY SELLER FOR SUCH SERVICES, RESPECTIVELY), AND (B) SELLER SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHERWISE, FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, OR CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES. By accepting delivery of the Products ordered, Buyer agrees that it indemnifies and holds harmless Seller from and against all claims, loss, damage and liability, including without limitation for personal injury, property damage or commercial loss of whatever kind, directly or indirectly arising from or relating to the hazards inherent in Buyer’s facilities or activities.
12. MEDICAL APPLICATIONS: In connection with any anticipated use of Products by Buyer in medical applications, unless otherwise confirmed in a written agreement executed by duly authorized representatives of Seller, Buyer acknowledges and agrees that:
13. ACCEPTANCE; RETURNS: Buyer shall inspect Products promptly upon their receipt. Unless Buyer notifies Seller in writing within twenty (20) calendar days after the receipt of Products or the rendering of services that the Products or services are nonconforming, describing the nonconformity in commercially reasonable detail, Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Products or services. Acceptance as aforesaid shall constitute acknowledgment of full performance by Seller of all its obligations hereunder. No Products delivered and accepted under this Agreement are subject to returns except upon (a) written approval of Seller and (b) payment of a fair and equitable restocking charge as determined by Seller’s restocking charge policy at the time of return.
14. PATENTS: Seller agrees to settle or defend any suit or proceeding brought against Buyer insofar as such suit or proceeding is based on a claim that any Product constitutes direct infringement of any patent issued in the country where Seller is located. Seller shall pay all damages and costs finally awarded therein against Buyer, provided Seller is informed by Buyer in writing within ten (10) calendar days after receipt by Buyer and furnished a copy of each communication, notice or other action relating to the alleged infringement and is given all authority (including the right to exclusive control of the defense of any suit or proceeding), information and assistance necessary to settle or defend such suit or proceeding. In the event such Product or any part thereof is, in such suit, held to constitute infringement and the use of such Product or part thereof is enjoined, Seller shall, by its own election and at its own expense, either (a) procure for Buyer the right to continue using such Product, or modify it so that it becomes non-infringing, or (b) remove such Product, or part thereof, and grant Buyer a credit thereon and accept its return. Seller shall not be obligated to settle or defend any suit or proceeding, or be liable for any costs or damages, if the Buyer is in breach of any term herein or the alleged infringement arises out of compliance with Buyer’s specifications or any addition to or modification of the Product after delivery thereof or from use of the Product or any part thereof in conjunction with other goods or in the practice of a process. Seller’s obligations hereunder shall not apply to any alleged infringement occurring after Buyer has received notice of such alleged infringement unless Seller thereafter gives Buyer express written consent for such continuing alleged infringement. Seller shall not be bound in any manner by any settlement hereunder made without its prior express written consent, NOR SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PATENT INFRINGEMENT. Seller’s
liability hereunder shall not exceed the purchase price paid by Buyer for the allegedly infringing Product. If infringement is alleged prior to completion of delivery of a Product, Seller may decline to make further shipments without being in breach of this Agreement. THE FOREGOING STATES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY OF SELLER FOR PATENT INFRINGEMENT AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN REGARD THERETO. Buyer agrees, at its expense, to settle or defend and to pay costs and damages finally awarded in any suit or proceeding against Seller based on an allegation that any Product furnished hereunder according to designs or specifications furnished by Buyer infringes any patent, provided Buyer is promptly notified in writing of such suit or proceeding and is given all authority (including the right to exclusive control of the defense of any suit or proceeding), information and assistance necessary to defend or settle any such suit or proceeding.
15. PROPERTY FURNISHED BY BUYER: If Buyer furnishes any components, tools, dies, jigs or other property, equipment, material, or facilities to Seller in connection with the performance of this Agreement, Buyer shall bear all risk of loss or damage with respect to such property, equipment, material, or facilities and shall indemnify and hold Seller harmless from and against all loss, cost, expense or liability arising in connection with its use of any such property, equipment, material, or facilities. Seller shall not be responsible for any delay in performance or nonperformance hereunder or the failure of any Product to conform to applicable specifications resulting, in whole or in part, from Seller’s use of property, equipment, material, or facilities furnished by Buyer.
PROPRIETARY INFORMATION: As used herein, the term “Proprietary Information” includes any information, material or apparatus, of a confidential or proprietary nature obtained from Seller or any of its affiliates and any information obtained from Seller or any of its affiliates which is not readily available to Seller’s competitors and which, if known by a competitor of Seller, might lessen any competitive advantage of Seller or give such competitor a competitive advantage. Seller or its respective affiliates retain ownership of all Proprietary Information, whether written, oral, electronic, visual, graphic, photographic, observational or otherwise, and all documentation which contains Proprietary Information. Buyer shall not disclose, duplicate or reproduce any Proprietary Information, in whole or in part, nor shall Buyer use any Proprietary Information other than in the course of performing its obligations hereunder. Buyer shall take all reasonable steps to prevent the disclosure, duplication or reproduction of any Proprietary Information. Buyer shall limit access to the Proprietary Information to those employees of Buyer with a valid need to know. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Buyer shall not be required to refrain from disclosing or using any Proprietary Information which has become known to Buyer if the original source of such Proprietary Information was not Seller or any person or party affiliated with Seller or having a relationship of confidentiality with or an obligation of confidentiality to Seller. Upon request of Seller or termination of this Agreement, Buyer shall immediately return any Proprietary Information provided, including all copies made by Buyer.
15. LEASED APPLICATION EQUIPMENT: If Buyer’s order is for leased application equipment, the following additional conditions shall apply:
16. CANCELLATION: Neither this Agreement nor any release hereunder is subject to cancellation by Buyer except upon (a) written request of Buyer and (b) written approval of Seller. Because Seller’s expenses related to cancelling firm orders are dependent upon (i) Seller’s inventory carrying costs, (ii) the likelihood of Seller quickly selling the subject Products to other buyers, (iii) Seller’s other related out-of-pocket costs, and (iv) administrative costs, Seller may charge Buyer a cancellation fee.
CANCELLATION OF STANDARD PRODUCT: If Seller determines the Product being cancelled to be Standard
Product, the Seller may charge a cancellation charge according to the (a) quantity being canceled, (b) time frame between Buyer’s request to Seller to cancel and the order’s scheduled ship date, and (c) dollar amount of order being cancelled. The calculation of the exact cancellation charge will be at Seller’s discretion. Any orders that constitute twenty-five percent (25%) of the previous six (6) month usage of a particular Product will be deemed “custom” and will follow the cancellation condition of Custom Product, set forth below.
CANCELLATION OF CUSTOM PRODUCT: If Seller determines the Product being cancelled to be Custom Product,
as defined above, Seller may deny Buyer’s cancellation request. If Seller permits the cancellation of Custom Product, Buyer agrees to pay Seller for all of Seller’s out-of-pocket costs associated with the cancellation of the order including, but not limited to: (i) raw materials, (ii) work in process, (iii) inventory carrying costs, (iv) scrapping and disposal fees, and (v) a reasonable and equitable profit for Seller, which shall not be less than twenty percent (20%) of such costs. In no case will the cancellation charge be less than Seller’s actual costs (including overhead and other indirect costs). The amount of cancellation charge to be charged to Buyer shall be determined at the sole discretion of Seller and may equal 100% of the amount of the order at the time of Seller’s receipt of Buyer’s request for cancellation. Buyer is entitled to receive a written notice from Seller setting forth how the cancellation charge was calculated. Upon payment of the cancellation charge, Buyer shall be entitled to receive all raw materials and work in process, and Seller agrees to ship such goods to Buyer at Buyer’s expense.
Seller reserves the right, by written notice of default, to cancel any order, without liability to Buyer, in the event of the happening of any of the following: insolvency of Buyer, the filing of a voluntary petition in bankruptcy by Buyer, the filing of an involuntary petition to have Buyer declared bankrupt, the appointment of a receiver or trustee for Buyer, the execution by Buyer of an assignment for the benefit of creditors, the discontinuance of business by Buyer, or the sale by Buyer of the bulk of its assets other than in the usual course of business.
17. RESCHEDULES: Buyer may only reschedule an order with Seller’s written consent. A reschedule should not extend further than an additional thirty (30) calendar days from original ship date requested. Reschedules may be subject to a ten percent (10%) penalty based on total amount of the order or portion of the order rescheduled.
18. RESALE OF PRODUCTS: Buyer agrees that it shall not not resell any Products purchased from Seller unless Buyer is an authorized distributor of Seller’s Products. Seller shall not be obligated to provide any warranty service or other technical support for any Products not purchased directly from Seller or an authorized distributor of Seller.
19. SPECIAL PACKAGING: Application equipment, applicators, hand tools and any associated replacement parts are excluded from general customer specifications for packaging and labeling. Other customer requests for special packaging will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
20. NO LICENSE: Neither this Agreement nor purchase of any Products hereunder shall be construed to confer upon Buyer or its customers any license under any patent or other proprietary rights of Seller or any of its affiliates, except the right to use such goods for the purposes for which they are sold. Tooling, set-up, fitting-up, drawings, design information, non-recurring engineering, and partial preparation charges when invoiced cover only part of the cost thereof to Seller. Buyer does not acquire any right, title or interest in any tooling, set-up, fitting-up, drawings, design information, or invention or other intellectual property resulting therefrom, which remain the sole property of Seller or its affiliates.
21. NON-WAIVER OF DEFAULT: No failure by Seller to insist on strict performance of any term or condition hereof shall constitute a waiver of such term or condition or any breach thereof, nor shall such failure in any way affect Seller’s legal remedies with respect to any default by Buyer hereunder.
22. APPLICABLE LAW: This Agreement and the sale of goods and services hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which Seller is located, excluding laws directing the application of the laws of another jurisdiction, and Buyer hereby attorns to such exclusive jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not, for any purpose, govern or apply to the sale of goods and services or any transactions, performance or disputes hereunder.
23. ASSIGNMENT: Buyer may not transfer or assign this Agreement or any interest herein, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior express written consent of Seller. Any attempted transfer or assignment without such consent shall be void. Seller may assign its rights and delegate its duties hereunder.
24. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; MODIFICATION: This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral agreements and understandings between Seller and Buyer with respect to the Products and services specified herein. No representation or statement not contained herein shall be binding upon Seller as a representation, warranty or condition or otherwise. No addition to or waiver, modification or cancellation of any provision hereof shall be binding upon Seller unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Seller.
25. NOTICES: All notices and other communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be mailed by first-class, registered, express or certified mail, postage prepaid, to the parties hereto at their respective designated addresses, subject to the right of either party to change such address upon ten (10) calendar days prior written notice.
26. EXPORT CONTROL: Buyer acknowledges that Products, software, and technical information provided under this Agreement are subject to Australian, U.S. and other export laws and regulations. Buyer agrees not to export, re-export, transfer, or transmit the Products, software, or technical information except in compliance with all such laws and regulations. This sale is subject to any applicable governmental approvals and, at Seller’s request, Buyer agrees to sign written assurances and other export-related documents as may be required for Seller to comply with export laws and regulations.
If there are any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us
Since 1976, Applied Measurement
Australia Pty. Ltd. has taken pride in
providing innovative and effective
solutions for applications that involve
measurement of physical parameters.